Dear OSBC members,
We held our first Annual Meeting on April 16th at the Warwick Public library and had a good turnout (about 45 people), a successful business meeting, and an excellent talk “Lessons from the Field: Exploring the Natural World through Bird Watching” by Alex Dunn. Thanks to all those who were able to attend the meeting, it was great to have you there. We missed those unable to attend.
- This is to let you know the results of member voting on the proposed amendment to the By-Laws and proposed slate of Board Members and Officers.
- Members voted to approve the following slate of Officers and Board of Directors Members to serve for the next 12 months.
- Jana Hesser – President , Dan Berard – Vice President , Michael Gow –Treasurer, Sue Dunn – Secretary, and Board members Marge Bradley, Suzanne French, Candy Powell, Jack Sullivan, and Matthew Schenck.
- Members voted to approve amending ARTICLE IV -- SECTION 2 of the OSBC By-Laws to increase the maximum size of the Board of Directors from 9 to 11 members.
- Nominations for new Board Members will be presented to OSBC members one month prior to a vote to be taken at a member meeting.
We hope to see you soon on an upcoming Spring walk or talk. Check out the website to see what’s been scheduled, and check often as we get more planned.
Good Birding and Happy Spring!
Your OSBC Board